Middle Class Scholarship
The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) will notify students if they are selected to receive a Middle Class Scholarship (MCS). The MCS will be awarded upon verifying eligibility requirements. Students may receive the MCS award for up to 4 years, depending on education level when awarded.
Awarding of the MCS typically occurs in late October to early November.
Visit the CSAC Middle Class Scholarship web page for more information.
- Complete the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application by the March 2 priority deadline.
- Must be a resident of the state of California.
- The MCS provides undergraduate students, including students pursuing a teaching credential, with family incomes and assets up to $177,000, a scholarship up to 40% of the state tuition fee.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have an AB 540 student status
- Students must meet certain income, asset, and other financial aid standards
- Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress; not be in default on a student loan; and must not be incarcerated.
- Students who are auditing classes or taking classes for "no credit" are not eligible for any financial aid towards those registration fees.