Middle Class Scholarship
The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) will notify students if they are selected to receive a Middle Class Scholarship (MCS). The MCS will be awarded upon verifying eligibility requirements. Students may receive the MCS award for up to 4 years, depending on education level when awarded.
Awards are expected to post in December for students attending during Fall 2022 and Spring 2023.
Visit the CSAC Middle Class Scholarship web page for more information.
- Complete the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application by the March 2 priority deadline.
- Must be a resident of the state of California.
- The MCS provides undergraduate students, including students pursuing a teaching credential, with family incomes and assets up to $201,000.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have an AB 540 student status
- Students must meet certain income, asset, and other financial aid standards
- Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress; not be in default on a student loan; and must not be incarcerated.
- Students who are auditing classes or taking classes for "no credit" are not eligible for any financial aid towards those registration fees.