Tuition Fee Deferral
A Tuition Fee Deferral protects course enrollment and delays the payment of tuition fees. However, a tuition fee deferral will not delay university housing charges.
- Students selected for verification must complete all requested financial aid documents by the following submission deadline
date(s) in order to qualify for a tuition fee deferral:
- Fall 2023: Friday, June 30, 2023
- Spring 2024: Friday, December 1, 2023
- Financial aid applications received after the above due dates will not receive a tuition fee deferral.
- Students not selected for verification will receive a tuition fee deferral if the financial aid application is completed prior to the above dates.
- If you decide not to attend San Jose State University, it is your responsibility to drop all of your classes. If you do not drop all your classes and you had a fee deferment, you will be responsible for all fees charged.
What To Do If Your Classes are Dropped
These FAQ will answer questions if you are dropped from courses due to non-payment