Tuition Fee Deferral
A Tuition Fee Deferral protects course enrollment and delays the payment of tuition fees. However, a tuition fee deferral will not delay university housing charges.
- Students selected for verification must complete all requested financial aid documents by the following submission deadline
date(s) in order to qualify for a tuition fee deferral:
- Fall 2020: Friday, June 26, 2020
- Spring 2021: Friday, December 4, 2020
- Financial aid applications received after the above due dates will not receive a tuition fee deferral.
- Students not selected for verification will receive a tuition fee deferral if the financial aid application is completed prior to the above dates.
- If you decide not to attend San Jose State University, it is your responsibility to drop all of your classes. If you do not drop all your classes and you had a fee deferment, you will be responsible for all fees charged.