Tuition Fee Deferral
A Tuition Fee Deferral protects course enrollment and delays the payment of tuition fees. However, a tuition fee deferral will not delay university housing charges.
- Students selected for verification must complete all requested financial aid documents by the following submission deadline
date(s) in order to qualify for a tuition fee deferral:
- Fall 2022: Friday, July 1, 2022
- Spring 2023: Friday, December 2, 2022
- Fall 2023: Friday, June 30, 2023
- Spring 2023: Friday, December 1, 2023
- Financial aid applications received after the above due dates will not receive a tuition fee deferral.
- Students not selected for verification will receive a tuition fee deferral if the financial aid application is completed prior to the above dates.
- If you decide not to attend San Jose State University, it is your responsibility to drop all of your classes. If you do not drop all your classes and you had a fee deferment, you will be responsible for all fees charged.
What To Do If Your Classes are Dropped
These FAQ [pdf] will answer questions if you are dropped from courses due to non-payment