Change of Address

As an F-1 student, you must regularly report any address changes to a Designated School Official (DSO) to ensure that your information is correct in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Federal regulations require that you report a change of address within 10 days of moving. 

In MySJSU, the address type of SEVIS D is used for F-1 students to report your new residential (physical) address to SEVIS. Please follow the instructions below.  

If you are currently enrolled at SJSU and have not yet graduated: (screenshots provided below the instructions)

  • Access MySJSU in one.SJSU and find the Personal Information section
  • Click “Add a new address” to find SEVIS D 
  • Update your U.S. residential (physical) address in SEVIS D within 10 days of moving

(You may keep a different U.S. mailing address in Mail, but the address in SEVIS D must be where you live. If you would like to verify the format of your U.S. Residential Address, you may use the United States Postal Service Zip Code Lookup.) 

Change of Address

If you have graduated from SJSU and are on OPT or STEM OPT: 

Please update your address directly in the SEVP Portal. If you do not have access to the SEVP Portal, please complete the SEVP Portal Access Form.

While you are participating in OPT or STEM OPT, you will need to update your address within 10 days of the change in the SEVP Portal instead of MySJSU. 

Contact Us

San José State University

One Washington Square
Student Union - CPGE
San Jose, CA 95192-0135

Office Hours

Monday-Friday 9am – 4:30pm

Back to Top