To pay your additional health service fee, visit Student Health Center Online Payments.
Bring a picture I.D. to every Student Health Center visit.
SJSU Mandatory Health Fee
- Within a given term, payment of the Mandatory Health Fee (MHF) allows students unlimited visits to the Student Health Center.
- There is no charge for basic services at the Student Health Center for currently enrolled students.
- San Jose State University student fees include a health fee that pays for the basic services provided. Some additional services (some lab tests, immunizations, procedures and specialty visits) require a nominal fee.* Call 408-924-6122 for updated fee information.
*NOTE: Fees are subject to change without notice.
Open University, Continuing Education, Master's Thesis, and Studies in American Language (SAL), Special Session
Individuals registered through programs such as Open University, Continuing Education, Master's Thesis, Studies in American Language (SAL) and Special Session do not pay the MHF. These students may access Student Health Center services during any school term/session/intercession by paying $25/visit (plus the same augmented or specialty service fees that are paid by students who pay the MHF).
Fees for Term Breaks and Graduates
In order to provide access to Student Health Center services for continuing students and graduates during the term breaks (summer and intersession/winter sessions), the following fee schedule applies:
- No charge for summer session students who have paid the MHF.
- $15 per visit fee for continuing students. Continuing students are those who were enrolled in the immediately preceding spring term and will be enrolled for the immediately succeeding fall term, but are not enrolled for the summer.
- $15 per visit fee for May graduates (only through the end of the summer session).
- Additional fees for augmented services (e.g., physical therapy, elective physical exams, immunizations, allergy shots) would apply.
- No charge for winter session students, continuing students (those enrolled in the immediately preceding fall term and the immediately succeeding spring term), or December graduates (only through the end of the winter session).
- Additional fees for augmented services (e.g. physical therapy, elective physical exams, immunizations, allergy shots) would apply.