For immunization and vaccination services (including flu shots), please make an appointment at the Immunization Clinic by calling 408-924-5678. Fees for commonly requested immunizations can be found on the Fees & Payment webpage.
Make sure to get a flu shot this season. Information on free flu shots in our county can be found at Santa Clara County Influenza (Flu) webpage.
Spring 2024 New Students
New students are required to provide proof of immunization prior to the first day of classes to avoid delays with housing applications, class registration, and/or participation in programs.
Students who need to get these vaccinations or gather proof of immunization are strongly encouraged to do so now. Acceptable proof of immunization:
- Can be obtained from the student’s immunization record, including the name and date(s) of immunization or date and results of blood testing indicating immunity;
- May be provided by the student’s high school, private health care provider or local health department.
Students will be able to upload their documents through Student Wellness Center Patient Portal after Dec 1, 2023. PLEASE NOTE: Students applying to Housing should upload their records after their application has been processed to ensure that all items required for clearance are processed.
*Submission is not required of students enrolled in online degree programs*
CSU Required Immunization
- Hepatitis B Vaccine: Full immunization series completed. All incoming students who are 18 years of age or younger on the first day of their first term must submit proof of Hepatitis B immunization.
Per CSU Executive Order 803, All students enrolled in health care fields of study or teacher education programs are required to provide documentation regarding the completion of immunizations and health screenings as established by the state licensing agencies or clinical placement sites or fieldwork sites. Students should contact the academic program for the specific required immunizations, health screenings (e.g., TB screening and physical examination) and any other fieldwork or clinical placement requirements.
As recommended by Santa Clara County Public Health Department, students who have traveled or resided in a country that has elevated TB rate for at least a month should complete the tuberculosis screening form in their Student Wellness Center Patient Portal, This includes any country other than the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or a country in western or northern Europe.
Additional Requirements for SJSU University Housing and International Students
- Updated mRNA COVID-19 vaccine
- Meningococcal conjugate (MenACWY) vaccine
- Tuberculosis (TB) screening form (available in Student Wellness Center Patient Portal)
Note: Housing students should submit their immunization record for all requirements only AFTER their housing application has been processed and room reserved as some requirements will not be available prior to application processing. Please make sure that you enter the date and type of vaccine received for each requirement and upload the supporting documentation for each requirement.
The following vaccines are strongly recommended for students to reduce outbreaks:
- Updated mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (required for some students)
- Influenza (flu) vaccine
- Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine
- Meningococcal conjugate (MenACWY) vaccine (required for some students)
- Meningococcal B vaccine
- Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (Tdap) vaccine
- Varicella/chickenpox vaccine
Other Vaccines Recommended for Adults:
- Hepatitis A (Hep A) Vaccine
- Hepatitis B (Hep B) Vaccine – Ages 19 and older
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccin
- Pneumococcal Vaccine
- Polio Vaccine
Instructions for Submitting Required Documents
Gather your Immunization Record
- The following file types are accepted: PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPG, BMP.
File size should be under 4Mb, If the file size is too big, scan the document into parts (make sure each part has identifying information) and upload individual pages.
- If files are password protected, make sure to save it as a separate pdf file without password protection prior to submission.
- If submitting proof such as a pharmacy receipt, the document must contain the patient’s name and date of birth, type, date and outcome of each vaccine/titer administered. It should also be clear that it is prepared by a licensed medical provider.
- If you are positive you were vaccinated, or that you had the disease, you can also get a laboratory blood test that verifies you have immunity (e.g., via your healthcare provider or your local county public health department). This test is called a “titer”. Schedule a visit with your healthcare provider to have a titer done if you are not sure you have had the immunizations.
Upload your Immunization Record
- To submit your immunization record, Log into the Student Wellness Center Patient Portal to submit your immunization record
- Enter your SJSU ID number and password
- Duo Authentication is required prior to logging in
- Enter your Date of Birth
- Navigate to the "Medical & Counseling Clearances" tab in your health portal, enter the date(s) and type of immunization received for each requirement listed on your portal, then proceed to upload your immunization record Click the “Update” button to upload your document
- To upload additional or updated documents, navigate to Medical & Counseling Clearances>Immunization Records>Upload. To upload your test results or exemption request, select the "Immunization Records" tab Upon submission, please allow up to 10 business days for your records to be processed and verified. If requirements are missing from your record, you will be notified via secure messages in your Student Wellness Center patient portal to take further action. You can also check the "Medical Clearances" tab for compliance status updates
- Note that under “Items Not required for Clearance” in your Medical Clearance, submission of records for these items are optional and will remain as “awaiting review” in your medical records as they will not be processed or verified
- For further questions regarding required immunizations, email email@example.com.
COVID Vaccination Record Submission
- To submit your COVID vaccination record, log into the Student Wellness Center Patient Portal
- On your Patient Portal home page, Select "I Would Like To Enter My COVID-19 Vaccine Information"
- Under COVID-19 Vaccine History, click on the “Add Immunization” button and enter your COVID-19 vaccination information (i.e. dosage dates, vaccine type/manufacturer name)
- Click the "Update" button to upload your COVID-19 vaccination record. Please attach a translated copy in English if your record is in a different language.
- To submit a medical or religious exemption, please complete the appropriate form and upload the completed form by clicking on the "COVID-19 Record Upload" button.
TB screening assessment
- Complete tuberculosis screening questionnaire in the Student Wellness Center Patient Portal
- If you are at risk for TB infection, you will be prompted by the system to submit a TB test under “Items Not required for Clearance”
- Submit tuberculosis test results for verification as needed. You may submit either TB skin test, T-SPOT TB Blood Test or Quantiferon Gold TB Blood Test. If submitting a chest x-ray report, report must be accompanied by TB test results
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control)
- California Department of Public Health
- COVID-19 Vaccines, Testing, & Treatment - Emergency Operations Center - County of Santa Clara
- Santa Clara County Department of Public Health-Immunizations
- Vaccine Finder
Alternative Locations for Other Vaccines and Immunizations
Santa Clara County Public Health Pharmacy Travel and Immunization Clinic 976 Lenzen Avenue, Suite 1100, San Jose, CA