Medical records are confidential by law and are not released to anyone, including parents, spouse, friends, other health professionals, and/or university personnel, without the written consent of the patient. Your medical records are not associated with your academic record.
To receive a copy of your own medical records, you will need to provide written consent. There is a fee of $0.25 per page for this service. However, release of medical records directly to other health professionals are provided at no cost.
To obtain a copy of your medical records:
- Print, complete, and sign a copy of the Authorization to Request or Release Medical Information form [pdf]
- Submit completed and signed form to Student Health Center in person or fax to 408-924-7786.
- There is a $0.25 per page fee for a personal copy of medical records. Records authorized for release to another provider are provided at no charge.
- Review SJSU's Subpoena Guidelines
- To obtain an Itemized Statement of augmented health care fees you paid, download the Itemized Statement Form [pdf]