Medical Records

Medical records are confidential by law and are not released to anyone, including parents, spouse, friends, other health professionals, and/or university personnel, without the written consent of the patient. Your medical records are not associated with your academic record.

You can obtain electronic health information such as your SHC visits, test results, and more by logging into the SHC online services/patient portal located on our Online Services webpage and clicking on the Medical Records section on the home page after you are logged in.

To receive a paper copy of your own medical records or to request a paper copy of your medical records to be sent to other health professionals, please complete an Authorization to Request or Release Medical Information form.

To obtain a paper copy of your medical records:

  1. Print, complete, and sign a copy of the Authorization to Request or Release Medical Information form [pdf]
  2. Submit completed and signed form to Student Health Center in person or fax to 408-924-7786.
  3. Review SJSU's Subpoena Guidelines
  4. To obtain an Itemized Statement of augmented health care fees you paid, download the Itemized Statement Form [pdf]