Meet with a Registered Dietitian
Nutrition consultations are 60-minute confidential appointments with a registered dietitian. Please call 408-924-6122 to make an appointment.
Consultation topics include:
- Medical diagnosis with nutrition-related management: diabetes, low blood sugar, high blood pressure, and/or high cholesterol
- Food and body image concerns
- Disordered eating/eating disorders
- Weight concerns (interest in losing or gaining weight)
- Digestive problems
- Vegetarian or vegan diet advice
- Family history of nutrition-related disease
- Appetite changes
- Vitamin or mineral deficiency related to diet
- Sports performance
- Healthy eating strategies
Request a Presentation/Workshop
To request a presentation or workshop on nutrition or body image, please complete the Workshop Request Form.
- CalFresh: CalFresh provides a monthly cash supplement loaded onto a debit card to use for buying groceries. Visit the website to learn more information on how to apply.
- SJSU Cares: SJSU Cares works with enrolled students experiencing economic crisis. Visit the website for more information for resources, referrals, and more.
- Spartan Food Pantry: The Spartan Food Pantry is a full-service, staffed, walk-in pantry at SJSU offering non-perishable goods, fresh produce, and refrigerated items. Visit the website for more information on hours and eligibility.
CHEW Cooking Classes
The CHEW (Cooking Healthy, Eating Well) classes are hands-on cooking workshops where students can gain the confidence and skills needed to cook at home. Our goal is to teach students how to prepare quick and easy meals using seasonal, low-cost ingredients.
CHEW classes emphasize nutritious and culturally diverse recipes and make cooking approachable and fun for all. Classes are woven with nutrition education and are catered to a college student’s time, budget, cooking equipment, and schedule. Students who have taken our classes have reported:
- Increased nutrition and cooking knowledge
- More confidence in measuring ingredients, knife skills, following a recipe, cooking in a short amount of time, and cooking on a limited budget
- Higher than average intake of fruits and vegetables compared to the larger campus population
Questions can be directed to SJSUDemoLab@gmail.com. Follow us on Instagram @chew_sjsu and visit our CHEW Website to register for classes.