Emergency Response and Preparedness
The Emergency Preparedness Unit supports the SJSU campus community by implementing programs and projects in emergency planning, training, response, mitigation and recovery.
Our mission is to prepare the campus to manage and recover from any type of emergency or disaster. The Emergency Operations Plan [pdf] is maintained and tested to ensure competency and readiness amongst campus staff.
Emergency Preparedness Programs
Emergency Preparedness Training
Emergency Preparedness Tips and Guides
- Earthquake Safety Actions [pdf]
- Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- Emergency Building Evacuation Assembly Points [pdf]
- Emergency Procedures Flyer [pdf]
- Emergency Procedures Handbook [pdf]
- Safety Awareness Program [pdf]
- Student Housing Evacuation Guide
- Feeling Safe, Being Safe workbook and video
Emergency Preparedness for Persons with Disabilities
- How to Protect Yourself During an Earthquake [pdf]
- SJSU Emergency Procedures - Assisting People with Disabilities
The Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is located in UPD and provides for the centralized management of major emergencies.
Operating under the Standardized Emergency Management System (SEMS), the EOC team serves to coordinate SJSU's overall emergency response.
- Emergency Operations Plan [pdf]
- EOC Organization Chart [pdf]
- National Response Plan - Brochure [pdf]
- SEMS Training [pdf]
- 9-1-1 campus phones
- Bluelight or Elevator phones
- 408-924-2222 cell phones
Emergency Services Analyst
Note: Documents in PDF format require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing.