Apply to the Undergraduate Program

New students applying to SJSU can select Social Work as their major in the application or transfer process. See the SJSU Admissions website for more information, and go to Cal State Apply to apply.

Current SJSU students who wish to change their major to social work must apply to do so. For fall semester admissions, applications are due by the first week of August. There is a cap on the number of undergraduate students who can be admitted to the BASW program, so acceptance is not guaranteed.

SJSU Undeclared Students & Change of Major Applications: