2017 Engaging for Success: Workshops and Conference
Engaging for Success Series:
Please join us for two interactive workshops [pdf] for academic advisors, support staff, tutors, peer mentors and faculty:
- November 2 (Thursday), 2017, 11:30 am - 1:30 pm at Student Union Room 3B
The 21st Century Study Skills: Activating the Inactive Learner [pdf]
- November 3 (Friday), 2017, 9:30 am - 1 pm at Student Union Room 1A - 1B
Designing for Inclusive Instruction [pdf] - Reaching and Teaching the Wide Range of Learning in Your Classes
Note: We appreciate you referencing the source when you use any portion of the slides.
Engaging for Success:
Learning together - Promoting inclusion - Redefining ability
Please join us for a day of conversation, information sessions, workshops and hands-on demonstrations focused on what we are doing - and what we can do - to enhance accessibility and support the academic success of all our students, regardless of their limitations or learning needs.
When: March 21st, Tuesday, 2017, 9 am - 4 pm
Where: Diaz-Compean Student Union Ballrooms B and C
What: Final program [pdf]
This event is co-sponsored by the Center for Faculty Development, the Connie L. Lurie College of Education, the Accessible Education Center, and the Accessible Technology Initiative Instructional Materials Committee at San José State University.
Conference Slides and Recordings
- Parent Panel video recording For full version, include your name, organization and send your request to CFD Office.
Slides: Introductory and Parents Panel [pdf]
- Education Expert Panel I video recording
- Social and Co-curricular Engagement Panel video recording
- Keynote video recording
Slides: Keynote speech [pdf]
- Expert Panel II video recording
Slides: Multi-Sensory Teaching [pdf]
- Students Panel video recording: Students' Perspective: A conversation with students, led by students
- Faculty Panel video recording: Faculty Best Practices: A conversation about strategies and techniques.
Assistive Technology Demo Recordings
- An Introduction to Screen Readers
- Bridges (Wireless Realtime Captioning)
- Learning Styles & Accessibility Using Apple Technology
- How to Evaluate a Website's Accessibility