How do I apply?
If you wish to be considered for the MIS Honors Practicum, please complete the online application form by the application deadline. In the application form, you will include an unofficial SJSU transcript, your resume and an essay on the assigned question. Please only submit your application once. You may return to edit your application once you submit it (keep the link), but it will be less confusing if you assemble all your materials and complete the entire process at one time.
To apply you must include the following with your application:
- Essay of no more than 500 words on the topic: In what SJSU course did you receive your best grade, and in what course did you receive your worst grade? Please explain the reason for both.
- A copy of your transcript (unofficial SJSU download is fine)
The MIS honors program is two semesters, beginning in the Fall. Applications are accepted in the spring for the following year.
This is a two-semester class - please do not apply unless you are able and willing to complete both semesters and have completed all requirements ready to start in the Fall semester. You may apply to the Honors program at the end of your Junior year (note the deadlines). Be sure you understand and meet all of the requirements of the program. It is a competitive process. If you are unsure if you are qualified, or just want to talk about the program, contact the instructor.
- Minimum SJSU GPA of 3.0 overall and a 3.25 in all upper division business classes you have taken (100w and Business Ethics count as upper division business)
- Must be in your second semester of course work at SJSU
- Completion of the following prerequisites: 110A, 110B and 100W before the practicum begins, and you must have completed 112 or take it during the fall semester
Based on your application, and in consultation with other MIS professors, students will be selected for an interview the week immediately following the application due date, and ultimately offered a position in the class.