How do I apply?
For Fall 2023, the application deadline is April 24, 2023 at 11:59pm PST. While your best chance for getting admitted for a given semester is to submit by the program deadline, the MKTBA department does accept applicants on a rolling basis, so please apply any time. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is recommended but not required. We invite all interested MKTBA students to apply.
- Transfer students must have completed one semester at SJSU.
- Applicants may self-nominate, and must provide a faculty reference, a resume, and an unofficial SJSU transcript.
- Nominees must have completed the introductory (prerequisite) course in their major. For Marketing Majors, prospective students must complete BUS2 130 (Introduction to Marketing); for Business Analytics Majors, prospective students must complete BUS2 194A (Statistical Analysis).
- Prospective students are asked to write two short (250-word) essays explaining what they would contribute to and expect to get from the Honors Program.
NOTE: Acceptance in the program is not automatic. The application process has two stages; once the application form has been submitted, the honors committee will decide which students will be invited for a personal interview with program coordinators. After the interview, a final evaluation (acceptance, wait list, or non-acceptance) will be made and communicated to the student.