Apply for FAFSA or CA Dream Act! Application process begins every year on October 1
(For example, FAFSA/Dream Act application opened on October 1, 2019, for the Fall 2020- Spring 2021 academic year)
The priority filing date is March 2.
Students are encouraged to file the FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application by the priority filing date (March 2). Applications can be submitted after the priority filling date, however funding may be limited.
Applications require prior year tax information.
- Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 applications require 2017 taxes.
- Fall 2020 - Spring 2021 applications require 2018 taxes.
- When completing the FAFSA, use your legal name as it appears on your social security card.
View the following links for additional information about financial aid:
- Eligibility for Federal & State Financial Aid
- California Dream Act: State Aid for Undocumented Students
- IRS Income Information
- Enrollment Requirements for Disbursement of Financial Aid
- Academic Progress Policies
- Special Circumstances
- Study Abroad
- Summer Financial Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Seven Steps to Financial Aid
- Dependent versus independent filing status