Repopulating the Campus: Drop-In Sessions
Sent: April 12, 2021
From: President Mary A. Papazian
Dear Campus Community,
I am happy to share that members of the campus community who are not already learning and working on campus will begin returning to campus in greater numbers beginning July 1, 2021. Repopulating our campus to pre-pandemic levels will not happen overnight. This process will take place gradually, and I thank members of the Repopulation Working Group, made up of representatives from all divisions, for their work in developing this plan to repopulate campus safely and effectively.
As mentioned in an April 7 message to campus, managers across campus are beginning to develop repopulation plans guided by two primary principles: the health and safety of our campus community in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state, and Santa Clara County guidelines, and our mission to serve our students and community. Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S), Facilities, Development & Operation (FD&O), and University Personnel are advising managers as they move through the process. Once approved, plans will be shared with departments in June, if not sooner.
Planning to repopulate our campus is no small task, and it will take each and every one of us to do so successfully. I invite you to a drop-in session where Cabinet members, campus leaders, and members of the Repopulation Working Group can hear what concerns and ideas you have as we safely and effectively repopulate our campus together. There will be several drop-in sessions scheduled for students, staff, faculty, and administrators. Please use the following links to register for a drop-in session.
Student Drop-in Sessions
- Student Session #1: Monday, April 19 (9:00-10:00am)
- Student Session #2: Wednesday, May 5 (4:00-5:00pm)
Staff Drop-in Sessions
Faculty Drop-In Sessions
- Faculty in the Colleges of Business, Engineering, and Professional & Global Education: Monday, April 19 (1:00-2:00pm)
- Faculty in the College of Education: Wednesday, April 21 (2:00-3:00pm)
- Faculty in the Colleges of Humanities & the Arts, Social Sciences, and MLK Library: Thursday, April 29 (11:00-12:00pm)
- Faculty in the Colleges of Health & Human Sciences, Science, and Graduate Studies: Monday, May 3 (4:00-5:00pm)
Administrators Drop-In Sessions
- Administrators Session #1: Wednesday, April 28 (4:00-5:00pm)
- Administrators Session #2: Wednesday, May 12 (4:00-5:00pm)
Health and safety continue to be our guiding principles, and together we have helped keep the campus safe during the pandemic. I am confident that gradually we will repopulate our campus safely and effectively.
Thank you for being a vital part of our Spartan community.
Dr. Mary A. Papazian