For immunization and vaccination services (including flu shots), please make an appointment at the Immunization Clinic by calling 408-924-6122.
Make sure to get a flu shot this season. Health care clinics, local pharmacies and the county public health department are offering flu shots now. Information on free flu shots in our county can be found at SCC Flu shots. Enrolled students can also get a free flu shot this season at the Student Health Center by calling to make an appointment.
Fall 2022 New Students
New students should provide proof of immunization prior to the first day of classes.
Students who need to get these vaccinations or gather proof of immunization are strongly encouraged to do so now. Acceptable proof of immunization:
- Can be obtained from the student’s immunization record, including the name and date(s) of immunization or date and results of blood testing indicating immunity;
- May be provided by the student’s high school, private health care provider or local health department.
Students will be able to upload their documents through Student Health
Center Online/patient portal after May 1, 2022. PLEASE NOTE: Online submission only - paper submissions and email attachments cannot be accepted.
*Please visit our website for more information on COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements.
*Submission is not required of students enrolled in online degree programs*
CSU Required Immunizations
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) Vaccine: Series of 2 vaccinations started after one year of age and at least one month apart or positive titer. You must submit proof of immunization if you were born after January 1, 1957.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine: Full immunization series completed. All incoming students who are 18 years of age or younger on the first day of their first term must submit proof of Hepatitis B immunization.
- Meningococcal conjugate: (Serogroups A, C, Y and W-135) 1 dose on or after age 16 for all students 21 or younger
- Tetanus/Pertussis/Diphtheria Booster (Tdap): All students should have had 1 dose of Tdap after age 7.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox Vaccine): Two (2) doses with first dose on or after 1st birthday or positive titer.
- Tuberculosis Screening/Risk Assessment: All incoming students must complete a Tuberculosis screening questionnaire in their patient portal.
Tips for Submitting Required Documents
- Gather all of your immunization documents
- If you are positive you were vaccinated, or that you had the disease, you can also get a laboratory blood test that verifies you have immunity (e.g., via your healthcare provider or your local county public health department). This test is called a “titer”. Schedule a visit with your healthcare provider to have a titer done if you are not sure you have had the immunizations.
- Navigate to the Medical Clearances tab in your health portal, complete SJSU Immunization Compliance information and proceed to upload your immunization records.
- The following file types are accepted: PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPG, BMP.
- File size should be under 4Mb, If the file size is too big, scan the document into parts (make sure each part has identifying information) and upload individual pages.
- If files are password protected, make sure to save it as a separate pdf file without password protection prior to submission.
- If submitting proof such as pharmacy receipt, the document must contain the patient’s name and date of birth, type, date and outcome of each vaccine/titer administered. It should also be clear that it is prepared by a licensed medical provider.
- Check the Medical Clearances tab for compliance status updates. Students with missing documentation or items that require further action will receive secure messages through their health portal.
For further questions regarding required immunizations, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Vaccines Available at Student Health Center
- Hepatitis A (Hep A): $50 per dose
- Hepatitis B (Hep B): $43 per dose
- Measles and Rubella (MMR): $53 per dose
- Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis (Tdap): $27
- Varicella (Chickenpox)*: $92 per dose
- Meningococcal Disease (Serogroups A, C, Y, W-135): $84
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV): $156 per dose
- Influenza (Flu): $0
- Typhoid: $72
*Please call to check for availability
To schedule an appointment, please call 408-924-6122.
Alternative Locations for Other Vaccines and Immunizations
- Santa Clara County Public Health Pharmacy Travel and Immunization Clinic
976 Lenzen Avenue, Suite 1100, San Jose, CA
- Vaccine Location Finder (U.S. Department of Health & Human Services)