Covid Related Procedures and Guidelines
Testing Positive for COVID-19
If you test positive for COVID-19, complete the Report a Case form located on the Health Advisories website. Please complete all questions, if applicable. This form will provide instructions on how to add your close contacts at SJSU.
After your case report is submitted, the Student Wellness Center will contact you within 24 hours to provide important guidance. Additional information on isolation guidelines is outlined by the Santa Clara County Department of Public Health.
Are you interested in getting the latest COVID-19 vaccine? Visit the Santa Clara County Department of Public Health’s website for more information. Employees can also visit their healthcare provider for information.
Sourcing COVID-19 Testing
If you do not have COVID-19 symptoms, pick up a free COVID-19 test at the Student Wellness Center main lobby. You can use the test at any time, however with Thanksgiving break approaching, we encourage you to test prior to returning to campus. Please bring your Student ID to receive a test.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms and need support, call the Student Wellness Center at (408) 924-5678 to make an appointment. You will receive instructions on how to check in and where to go for your appointment.
Maintaining a Mask-Friendly Campus
Mask-wearing and hand-washing are important strategies to help protect yourself during respiratory virus season. Masking is recommended for at-risk individuals in all indoor settings. Beginning November 1, 2023 through March 30, 2024, masking is required for all individuals in the Student Wellness Center.
What to know when entering the Student Wellness Center (SWC) during the Designated Winter Respiratory Virus Period:
- Masking is required in the SWC from November 1 through March 31 each year, per Santa Clara County guidelines for healthcare facilities.
- All individuals entering the SWC, including students, employees, and visitors must observe the masking requirement. Exceptions are outlined in the guidelines.
- All areas of the SWC, including lobbies, hallways, waiting areas, and the Wellness Lounge are included in this requirement. Exceptions include the SWC employee break room and enclosed administration areas accessible only to SWC employees.
- Students will be reminded of the masking requirement and encouraged to bring their own masks via email, social media, and signage at the building entry.
- If a student does not bring one, a mask is available at the SWC front desk to support the student’s use of SWC services in the building.
- Masks must be worn up upon entry.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (408) 924-5678.