Health insurance is not required for a visit at the Student Health Center (SHC). However, since there is no overnight, weekend, or long-term medical care provided by the SHC, health insurance may be needed to reimburse a portion of the costs of outside hospitalization, special tests, and specialty care that are not available at the SHC.
New Health Insurance Law:
Confused about all the new rules for health insurance?
- Your Student Health Center fee does not count as insurance
- Beginning 2014 most Americans must have insurance
- Quality health insurance is now available for students and their families*
- Many students (and families) will qualify for free or low cost options
Short Video for CSU Students Explaining Covered California
How do I get more information?
- For more information about Covered California, visit: www.coveredca.com
How do I sign-up for health insurance?
1. ONLINE at www.coveredca.com. It’s easier than you think! If you can do FAFSA, you can do this!
2. BY PHONE at 1(800) 300-1506