For a medical emergency, seek emergency medical assistance immediately by dialing 911 or go to the nearest emergency facility. See list of emergency facilities below.
How to Schedule an Appointment
- To schedule an appointment, please call 408-924-6122 or login to Student Health Center Online Services for additional appointment options.
*NOTE: Due to COVID-19, online scheduling is not available at this time.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time and expect to be at the Student Health Center for approximately 60 minutes.
- Bring a picture I.D. to every Student Health Center visit.
- First visit? Please complete the New Patient Forms online to help us serve you.
All visits to the SJSU Student Health Center are confidential, as the university complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Medical records are kept confidential and will not be released without written consent.
Same Day Appointments are designed to accommodate students who are assessed to require medical attention on the day they call regarding their medical concern. Appointments cancelled and/or rescheduled on the same day will be charged a missed appointment fee.
Advance Appointments are scheduled for medical concerns that are not assessed as needing urgent medical attention.
Need to cancel your appointment? To cancel:
- Call 408-924-6122
- Cancel your appointment through the Student Health Center Online Services
Appointments must be cancelled before 7:30 a.m. the day of the scheduled appointment, or a missed appointment fee will be charged.
- If you have a life-threatening situation, call 911 immediately.
- For after-hours nursing advice, call 1-866-935-6347.
- Nearby hospitals and urgent care centers include:
- Valley Health Center Downtown (777 E. Santa Clara St.)
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (751 S. Bascom Ave.)
- Regional Medical Center (225 N. Jackson Ave.)
- O’Connor Hospital (2105 Forest Ave.)
- Willow Glen Urgent Care (625 Lincoln Ave.)
- Note that services rendered outside the Student Health Center will be at patient’s expense.