By September 30, all students must be vaccinated against COVID-19 if they are accessing campus facilities at any university location across the 23 CSU campuses. To help ensure the health and safety of our SJSU community, all students who are not fully vaccinated must participate in COVID-19 testing during the fall semester. Visit the SJSU Health Advisories website for more information on the California State University policy and other vaccination updates.
Students who have submitted the self-attestation form in MySJSU and supporting records regarding their vaccination will not have to participate in testing protocols upon receiving verification of those records.
Students who have applied for medical or religious exemptions or have not already self-attested will be entered into COVID-19 testing protocols. Students whose vaccine records are pending verification are also expected to participate in COVID-19 testing until they have been verified as fully vaccinated. Testing protocols include weekly COVID-19 testing with testing dates offered Monday through Thursday on the main campus. Students will be removed from testing protocols only after their vaccination records have been verified.
Beginning August 23, students who are not fully vaccinated or have not self-attested will be entered into weekly testing protocols. COVID-19 testing will be administered on campus by Fulgent Genetics.
Students will receive emails from Fulgent Genetics (@fulgentgenetics.com or @fss.fulgentgenetics.com).
- Within the email with the subject line “Modify your information with Fulgent Genetics,” a link will be provided to register an account and enter health insurance information (if applicable). Students will only need to register once.
- A second email will be sent to schedule an appointment.
- Fulgent Genetics will send an email to schedule an appointment each week for the rest of the semester until removed from testing protocols. Please sign up for a test date/time each week.
Date: Testing will be offered Monday through Thursday
Time: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Event Center, Room 1035
NOTE: If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 on your assigned test date, you should not participate. Call the Student Wellness Center at (408) 924-6122 for support.
If you have a conflict, you must get tested at a site outside of SJSU by Thursday each week.
- Visit sccfreetest.org for a list of testing sites around Santa Clara County or get tested by your personal healthcare provider.
- Submit proof using the data secure Student Wellness Center COVID-19 Test Upload Form.
Testing at the Event Center is also available for SJSU students who are not in testing protocol. Walk-ins are welcome.
Faculty/staff who are not in testing protocol should contact their medical provider or visit sccfreetest.org for testing options.
Test Day Instructions
- Complete the daily SJSU COVID-19 Symptom Check Tool.
- Show up to your appointment 5 minutes early and check-in via the Sammy App
- Bring your mobile device and SJSU ID.
- Wear a face covering and maintain six feet of physical distance
- Check-in and self-collect your sample under supervision from Fulgent Genetics staff
- Drop off your sample in the collection bin
Check your Test Results
Within 24-48 hours of the samples arrival back at the lab, students will receive an email or text notification from Fulgent Genetics that the test results are ready. Follow the instructions in the email and log in to the Fulgent Genetics patient portal to retrieve the test results.
Continue to protect yourself and others by following COVID-19 safety measures on campus.
- Students will receive an email or text notification from Fulgent Genetics and a call from their team
- Isolate in your residence and away from others
- The Case Management team from the SJSU Student Wellness Center will also reach out to you to provide support and resources.
If students have been tested at an outside location or need to share test results with the Student Wellness Center, upload test results using the data secure Student Wellness Center COVID-19 Test Upload Form. Please do not email any health information or test results.
We’re here for you! For questions related to Fulgent Genetics, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (626) 350-0537. For other questions, please email email@example.com.