In the fields of anthropology, behavioral science, and organizational studies, students develop skills in research, analyzing data in a logical and consistent way, critical thinking, and communicating effectively. The skills and knowledge gained in these majors provide a solid foundation for many careers. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts employment for anthropologists will grow by 19%, nearly twice the projection for all occupations. Most of this growth is expected to occur in management, scientific services, and technical consulting.
The talented staff at SJSU's award-winning Career Center can help you transform your Anthropology, Behavioral Science, or Organizational Studies degree into a successful career. Learn more about career fairs, career planning, resume development, jobs, and internships by visiting them at the Career Center office, located in ADM 154, or online.
SJSU's exclusive online job and internship database, SpartaJobs, is available for students and registered alumni to use. It's a great tool for job and internship postings, announcements, upcoming events, and more! Here are some other useful online resources:
- LearnHowToBecome.org can help you choose a career that fits your interests
- Indeed.com is a website that has thousands of job announcements
- Idealist.org includes thousands of jobs in the world of non-profit organizations
- Thisisanthropology.org features information related to anthropology careers
- Universityhq.org/ provides students with the necessary resources to prepare and plan their career path in their chosen field.