On This Page:
- Steps for Completing Your Master's Degree
- Steps for Completing Your Master's Degree (Biology specific with links to timeline and forms)
- Candidacy and Graduation Deadlines
- Changing your status from Conditionally Classified to Classified
- Submitting and completing Candidacy [pdf]
- Award for Master's Degree forms
- Forms: Change of Major, Candidacy, Graduation Forms, and more
- Information about thesis requirements and deadlines
Must fill out the Graduate Admissions and Evaluations form Change in Classification in Master's Program form [pdf] You must be a Classified Graduate Student in order to advance to Candidacy.
When filling out the Change in Classification form you must:
Meet the “conditions” set by the graduate student's Major Adviser at the time of admission.
For example, MS Physiology and MS Molecular and Microbiology must take the GRE and the subject GRE in order to be classified, since this is a requirement for admissions. You cannot be a “classified” graduate student in one of these major unless the GRE is completed (even though you are already admitted).
Have your Major Adviser sign your classification form.
Bring the signed form to the Graduate Coordinator, who will also sign-off and forward the form to the Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations office.