- B.S., Genetics, U.C. Davis, 1995
- Ph.D., Genetics, University of Washington, 2003
- Biol 115 (General Genetics)
- Biol 117 (Human Genetics)
- Biol 135A (Advanced Eukaryotic Cell and Molecular Biology)
- Biol 135B (Advanced Eukaryotic Cell and Molecular Biology)
Developmental and behavioral genetics - specifically, the effects of ethanol on development and how genes modulate those effects, as well as the developmental neuroscience of courtship behavior.
- Logan-Garbisch, T, Bortolazzo, A, Luu, P, Ford, A, Do, D, and French, RL. Developmental Ethanol Exposure Leads to Dysregulation of Lipid Metabolism and Oxidative Stress in Drosophila. Genes, Genomes, and Genetics, 2014 Nov 11;5(1):49-59.
- Tran, DH, Meissner, GW, French, RL, and Baker, BS. 2014. A small subset of fruitless subesophageal neurons modulate early courtship inDrosophila. PLoS One. 2014 Apr 16;9(4):e95472.
- French, RL, McClure, KD, and Heberlein, U. 2011. Drosophila model for fetal alcohol syndrome disorders: Role for the insulin pathway. DMM 4(3): 335-46.