Apply to Guardian Scholars
To be eligible for the Guardian Scholars program, you must be:
Student must be admitted to SJSU and to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) prior to being invited/eligible to apply to GSP.
Under the age of 27 by the first day of instruction of fall semester.
A highly motivated student planning to apply to SJSU who was in foster care, ward of the court, under legal guardianship, have recently been emancipated from foster care, or a minor that is certified homeless by the Financial Aid Office
A US Citizen or permanent resident
A California Resident
SJSU/EOP/GSP Application Procedures
1. Apply to SJSU by January 8 for a Fall term via Cal State Apply.
2. Apply to Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) by the following deadline via Cal State Apply:
- EOP Priority application deadline: December 15.
- Final EOP application deadline is January 15.
- Have two EOP recommendation forms submitted via Cal State Apply by January 31.
- Complete the FAFSA online by January 31 (as part of the EOP application process).
3. Apply to GSP by May 15, 2021.
- The GSP APPLICATION for Fall 2021 will be open March 23- May 15, 2021, and a MySJSU message will be sent to new Fall 2021 SJSU/EOP admitted students.
- All GSP documentation for Fall 2021 applicants (applications, essay, and documentation) is due by May 15, 2021.
- Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The Guardian Scholars Program only accepts applications from new SJSU EOP students at the time of university admission.
Please send email to email@example.com if you have any questions.