Apply to Guardian Scholars
To be eligible for the Guardian Scholars program, you must be:
- Admitted to SJSU and to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- Under the age of 27 at time of acceptance to the EOP program
- A highly motivated student planning to apply to SJSU who was in foster care, ward of the court, under legal guardianship, have recently been emancipated from foster care, or a minor that is certified homeless by the Financial Aid Office
- A US Citizen or permanent resident
- A California Resident
- Apply to SJSU and the Educational Opportunity Program by November 30 for a Fall term via Cal State Apply.
- Complete the FAFSA online by January 31 (as part of the EOP application process).
- Students must be admitted to EOP prior to applying to GSP.
- Students accepted to EOP will be invited to apply to GSP.
- The GSP APPLICATION for Fall 2020 will be open May 1 - June 15, 2020.
- New Fall 2020 SJSU admits will be invited to apply for GSP.
- All documentation for Fall 2020 applicants (applications, essay, and documentation) is due by July 15, 2020, and should be emailed in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The Guardian Scholars Program only accepts applications from new SJSU EOP students at the time of university admission.
Please send email to email@example.com if you have any questions.