Apply to Guardian Scholars
To be eligible for the Guardian Scholars program, you must be:
Student must be admitted to SJSU and to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) prior to being invited/eligible to apply to GSP. (See Step 3 below)
Under the age of 27 by the first day of instruction of fall semester.
A highly motivated student planning to apply to SJSU who was in foster care, ward of the court, under legal guardianship, have recently been emancipated from foster care, or a minor that is certified homeless by the Financial Aid Office
A US Citizen or permanent resident
A California Resident
SJSU/EOP/GSP Application Procedures
Apply to SJSU by December 15, 2021 (deadline extended) for the Fall 2022 term via Cal State Apply.
Apply to Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) by the following deadline via Cal State Apply:
- EOP Priority application deadline: December 15, 2021 (deadline extended).
- Final EOP application deadline: January 15, 2022.
- Have two EOP recommendation forms submitted via Cal State Apply by January 31, 2022.
- Complete the FAFSA online by January 31, 2022 (as part of the EOP application process).
Apply to GSP by June 1, 2022.
- Only accepted EOP students under the age of 27 (as per eligibility criteria) will be invited to apply to the Guardian Scholars Progam.
- The GSP APPLICATION for Fall 2022 is open as of: April 6, 2022, and a MySJSU message will be sent to new Fall 2022 SJSU/EOP admitted students.
- All GSP documentation for Fall 2022 applicants (applications, essay, and documentation) is due: June 1, 2022.
If you are having difficulty obtaining any portion of the GSP application by the deadline, please reach out to us asap: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The Guardian Scholars Program only accepts applications from new SJSU EOP students at the time of university admission.
Please send email to email@example.com if you have any questions.