Why get an internship?
Internships are an important supplement to your undergraduate or graduate education. Not only do they provide valuable experience and practical knowledge in your field, they are also a strong inclusion on your resume to help you get your first job after graduation.
How To Get An Internship
Step 1: Prepare Your Resume and Apply
First, make sure your resume is up-to-date and professional. Feel free to use the Career Center's Resume Guide [pdf], or this Linkedin class on resume writing. You can also make an appointment with a Career Counselor to get personalized help! Drop-in meetings with counselors are available as well.
Then, you should apply for as many internships as possible using Handshake. Some Summer internships open as early as the Fall semester beforehand, so check back frequently!
Step 2: Prepare For Interviewing
It's important to ensure that you have interview-appropriate professional attire and practice your interviewing skills. These will be vital as you move further along in the application process! Check out this guide on how to prepare for and handle tricky interview questions.
For extra help, please refer to the Career Center's Webpage. The Career Center offers a wide variety of resources to assist students in this process.
- Aerojet Rocketdyne
- Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
- Anello Photonics
- Blue Origin
- Joby Aviation
- Kitty Hawk Careers/Internships
- Lam Research [pdf]
- Low-Carbon Power and Propulsion REU - Undergrad Students Only
- Maxar Technologies Openings in Handshake - Summer 2023 Internship
- NASA Ames AdvoCATE Internship Opportunity [pdf]
- NASA's Internship Opportunities Login
- NASA Jet Propulsion Lab STEM Internships
- NASA Jet Propulsion Lab Internships/Careers
- NASA UI/UX Internship Opportunity
- ORBITLINE [pdf]
- REACH Graduate Engineering Preview
- Rocket Lab
- Science and Technology Corp. Aerospace Engineer - Applied Aeronautics Research
- Stellar Jobs
- The Aerospace Corporation
- Virgin Galactic
The Department of Defense (DoD) has many STEM internship opportunities for students. DoD STEM internships allows college students the opportunity to engage in hands-on research and solve real-world problems at DoD laboratories and facilities. Whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student, you are encouraged to explore the many opportunities available.
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity in the fast-growing energy sector? Bloom Energy, a local solid oxide fuel cell company, has multiple opportunities available now for juniors, seniors, and graduate students. Opportunities are posted on SJSU Handshake! Click Bloom Energy Careers to apply or login to Handshake to learn more about job opportunities, upload your resume and directly apply!
Part-Time Job Opportunities
Why work part time?
Part time jobs are a great way to get experience, build your resume, and make some money while you're a student! Check out the info below to get started.
Employers: If you would like to have an internship opportunity posted on this webpage, please send an email with the job posting link to email@example.com.
- The Matthew Isakowitz Fellowship Program is an incredible summer experience for students passionate about commercial spaceflight!
Search Engines for REU Programs
To Be Announced