Minor in Communication Studies
The Minor in Communication Studies complements any major. Whatever your career path, you'll need excellent communication skills to succeed!
Before starting the minor, you'll want to meet with an advisor to choose the courses that are right for you, your major, and your professional goals.
- The minor is a total of 18 units.
- At least 12 units must be upper division - (Courses that are 100-level)
- You may count up to 6 units of G.E. (Core GE and/or SJSU Studies) toward the minor and G.E. requirements
- View the My Minor Plan [pdf] worksheet for all courses offered, and to keep track of the courses you complete.
Add The Minor
- If you're interested in minoring in Communication Studies, make an appointment with
an advisor today!
- If you're certain about adding a COMM minor, check out the Change of Major/Minor page to learn about the appropriate paperwork to submit.
- Be sure to take a look at the COMM Major Overview [pdf] to learn about the different fields of communication that we offer
- The Department of Communication Studies also offers a Minor in Communication in the Information Age.
- In collaboration with the Departments of Political Science and Justice Studies, we offer an interdisciplinary Minor in Legal Studies.