Open Enrollment for plan year 2022 begins Monday, September 20, 2021 and ends on Friday, October 15, 2021.
Open Enrollment is a once-a-year opportunity that allows you to:
- Review and change health plans
- Add or drop coverage for yourself
- Add or drop coverage for your dependents
- Enroll or re-enroll in flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Enroll in voluntary products offered through Equitable and AFLAC
For 2022 we will continue our relationship with Equitable for Dental, Vision, Life, Long Term Disability & AD&D. Please review the summaries for each plan below.
- Dental Benefits Summary [pdf]
- Vision Benefits Summary [pdf]
- Life Insurance Summary [pdf]
- Voluntary Life Insurance Summary [pdf]
- Long Term Disability Summary [pdf]
Please note: All changes made during open enrollment become effective January 1, 2022.
Plans and Coverage
Use the CalPERS Health Plan Zip Code Search tool to search for health plans that are available in your area, then review the documents below for specific plan coverage, and contributions.
- 2022 Health Benefits Summary [pdf]
- CalPERS Health Open Enrollment 2021 Newsletter [pdf]
- Health Program Guide [pdf]
For details on how to access the Benefits Connect website and steps for making changes or enrolling in your desired plan, refer to the Benefits Connect Navigation Instructions. [pdf]
To make your selections, navigate to the Benefits Connect website.
If you have questions, please contact Jocelyne Peña at 408 924-1460 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.