Open Enrollment for plan year 2024 begins Monday, October 16, 2023, and ends on Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
This is an active enrollment, which means you must choose a medical plan during the Open Enrollment period. Please follow the Employee Navigator Instructions [pdf] to enroll via Navigator.
We are also introducing a new feature to help you with your enrollment options. ALEX is an avatar counselor that can help you find a plan, or assist you with any questions on how your insurance works.
Here are three important things to know about the ALEX tool:
- It is personalized, so you can see which plan makes the most sense for YOU.
- It is fun to use. There’s no boring insurance jargon or complicated legal jibber-jabber.
- It is confidential, so you can get the guidance you need without revealing all of your fascinating secrets.
To learn more about this new feature, click the link below.
Access the ALEX Interactive Tool. (live 10/16/23)
For 2024, we will be offering four plans — Kaiser, EPO, PPO, and HDHP. Other than Kaiser, plans are through HealthNow with Blue Shield Network. Please review the Summary of Benefits for each plan below.
- Kaiser Summary of Benefits 2024 [pdf]
- EPO Summary of Benefits 2024 [pdf]
- PPO Summary of Benefits 2024 [pdf]
- HDHP Summary of Benefits 2024 [pdf]
You may review the provider directory for the EPO, PPO, and HDHP plans at http://www.blueshieldca.com/networkppo
For 2024, we will be introducing MetLife for Dental, Vision, Life, Long Term Disability and AD&D. Please review the summaries for each plan below.
- Dental Benefits Summary [pdf]
- Vision Benefits Summary [pdf]
- Life Insurance Summary [pdf]
- Long Term Disability Summary [pdf]
Additional Voluntary Benefits
We will also continue to offer employees the option to purchase additional supplemental or voluntary life insurance for themselves, spouse, and children at group rates through MetLife. In addition to voluntary benefits, employees are able to purchase the following voluntary benefits: Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident, and Pet Insurance. These are portable benefits.
- Voluntary Life Insurance Summary [pdf]
- Critical Illness Insurance Summary [pdf]
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance Summary [pdf]
- Accident Insurance Summary [pdf]
- Pet Insurance Summary [pdf]
Employee Assistance Programs
For 2024, we will be introducing First Stop Health with Free Virtual Mental Health Counseling for employees and their dependents.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
Please review the summaries for each of the Flexible Spending Account offerings for 2024 below.
- Medical FSA Information [pdf]
- Flexible Spending Account Carryover [pdf]
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA Contribution Limits and IRS Regulations [pdf]
- Commuter/Parking FSA Information [pdf]
- Benefits Technology & Resources for WEX [pdf]
- Benefits Mobile App for WEX [pdf]
Employees enrolling into the HDHP plan are eligible to enroll into a Health Savings Account. HSA enrollees can enroll in Combination FSA. Please see links below for further information.
- Combination FSA Information [pdf]
- Health Savings Account Information [pdf]
- Health Savings Account Contribution Limits and IRS Regulations [pdf]
*FSA and HSA limits are subject to change and are not considered official until the IRS releases more information on these benefit limits later this year.
If you have questions, please contact Jocelyne Peña at (408) 924-1460 or at email@example.com.