New Employees (Onboarding)
Welcome to the Research Foundation! We are pleased to share quick access to useful
information and resources that will be beneficial to you as you begin your new position
at the SJSU Research Foundation. Questions? The Research Foundation Human Resources team is happy to assist. Please feel free to email the team at email@example.com with any questions.
Access Your Information
The Employee Online portal gives you access to your personal information and HR records.
The bullets below describe the information you can access and the actions you can take inside the portal:
- Check Stub: Under this tab you can review and print your check stubs
- Current Job: Under this tab you can review your current active assignments. (Please note that you will not be able to submit an online timesheet unless you have an active assignment.)
- Deferred Compensation
- Direct Deposit Information
- Emergency Information
- Home Address
- Insurance (Benefited Employees Only):
Under this tab you can review your current health benefit choices.
- Paperless EFT Authorization
- Tax Information: Only available for nonresidents
- "What If...": Under this tab you can explore different scenarios for how changes to your tax withholding and deferred compensation will impact your net pay.
- W2 Info: Under this tab you can view your W-2s for the past two years.
Gmail Address Creation and Use
The San Jose State University Research Foundation operates under one standardized email format for all its employees in alignment with the San Jose State University. The purpose of using this standardized email format is to ensure that we have one specific method of conveying all Research Foundation related communications or emergency information in an efficient manner. Every Research Foundation employee is required to use the standardized email format below:
(first name.last firstname.lastname@example.org).
For Research Foundation new hires, this standardized email account will be set up as part of the new hire process. To activate your account follow the instructions below.
We recognize that some employees may have preferred, location based, email accounts. These employees must activate their Research Foundation email account and may then forward any Research Foundation email received to their preferred, location based, email account.
To activate your SJSU email:
- First-time users, begin by setting your password at SJSUOne Set/Reset Password
- Then, to access your email account, go to SJSU Email (SSO Login)
- To sign in, use your SJSUOne ID and password – the same ID and password you use to access SJSUOne and the campus wireless network
- After you login, you will see your email address (in upper right corner of screen). It will use the format email@example.com.
Fill Out Your Timecard
Visit the Payroll and Timecards web page for instructions on completing your timecard.
Handbook for Non-Benefited Employees [pdf]
Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options [pdf]
Workers Compensation Brochure [pdf]
Workers Compensation Preferred Providers [pdf]
For assistance or with any questions, please email Human Resources at