Retiree Open Enrollment
Retiree Open Enrollment for the plan year 2023 begins Monday, October 10, 2022, and ends on Friday, October 28, 2022.
The following enrollment options are available. You may do one of the following:
- Mail the Enrollment Form [pdf] to:
SJSU Research Foundation
210 North 4th Street, 3rd Floor
San José, CA 95112
- Email the form to Jocelyne Peña (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Contact Jocelyne Peña by phone (408) 924-1460.
If you provide your email address you may enroll online via Employee Navigator. Please follow the Employee Navigator Instructions [pdf] to enroll via Navigator.
For 2023 we will be offering four plans: Kaiser, EPO, PPO, and HDHP. Other than Kaiser, plans are through HealthNow with Blue Shield Network. Please review the Summary of Benefits for each plan below.
- Kaiser Summary of Benefits 2023 [pdf]
- EPO Summary of Benefits 2023 [pdf]
- PPO Summary of Benefits 2023 [pdf]
- HDHP Summary of Benefits 2023 [pdf]
View the provider directory for the EPO, PPO, and HDHP plans at http://www.blueshieldca.com/networkppo
For 2023 Post-65 retirees, we will be offering the following plans below:
- Kaiser SA Summary of Benefits [pdf]
We will continue offering the Kaiser Senior Advantage Plan. View the provider directory at https://www.kp.org
- Anthem Medicare Advantage Medical Benefits Summary [pdf]
- Anthem Medicare Advantage Benefits and FAQ [pdf]
Anthem advantage plan is offered through Retiree First.
- Anthem Medicare Advantage Prescription Benefits Summary [pdf]
View the provider directory at https://www.anthem.com/ca/find-care/
For the prefix, enter “MBL.”
Combination Plan Enrollment
If the retiree and their dependents are currently in combination plan (retiree/dependents one of them is Post-65 and others Pre-65, or vice versa) then the retiree/dependent who is Pre-65 will choose from the above mentioned Pre-65 plan offerings and Post-65 will choose from the Kaiser Advantage or Anthem Advantage plan.
Please note that you cannot combine Kaiser and PPO plans.
If you have questions, please contact Jocelyne Peña at 408 924-1460 or at email@example.com.