Admission Requirements

CSU Academic Requirements

International (F-1 visa) students may transfer to SJSU as upper-division or lower-division students. Each category has its own requirements. Transfer applicants must meet the International Transfer Academic Requirements for admission. Learn about the courses, overall GPA, and tests (if applicable) required for admission. Applicants are then reviewed for provisional admission through SJSU's admission selection process, called Impaction.

Transfer Impaction 

After reviewing the International Transfer Academic Requirements, learn about the SJSU admission selection process (called impaction) and how SJSU admits new students each year.

Coursework Outside the U.S.

As an international applicant, some of your college coursework may have been taken outside the United States. Please note that we are not able to pre-evaluate your coursework prior to admission. Once you submit your application and all of the documents required to process your application as referenced on your MySJSU "To Do List", we will evaluate your file for admission. 

English Language Proficiency

If you currently attend an institution outside the United States, you will be required to submit an official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo or PTE score to demonstrate your English Language Proficiency. To learn about the minimum scores required and exemptions to this requirement, review our English Language Proficiency information.