Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
Graduate Students in Electrical Engineering at San José State University will be able to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve problems using advanced engineering principles, methodologies,
- Design, implement, validate and deploy a component, device, system, or process to
meet desired needs within realistic constraints.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental,
societal, and ethical context, including political, health, safety, manufacturability,
- Understand contemporary issues in electrical engineering practice.
- Communicate professionally and effectively.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
After the completion of MSEE degree at SJSU, graduates will be able to:
Base analysis, problem-solving, and design on core advanced EE theory.
Demonstrate a high level of expertise and competence in an area of concentration in electrical engineering.
Apply modern tools for research, computation, simulations, analysis, and design.
Demonstrate leadership skills in the workplace, function professionally in a globally competitive world, and communicate engineering results effectively.
More information on PLOs can be found in the Graduate Program Learning Outcomes section of SJSU's website.
University Learning Goals (ULGs)
University learning goals can be found in the Division of Student Affairs website.