Accreditation and Objectives
The Electrical Engineering Bachelor of Science degree program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Program Criteria and the Electrical, Computer, Communications, Telecommunication(s) and Similarly Named Engineering Programs Program Criteria.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
Within a few years after graduation, the BSEE graduates will be able to:
- Become a technically qualified engineer with solid fundamentals to address complex problems and apply learned skills in engineering careers.
- Maintain and enhance professional competence by acquiring new knowledge and refining skills.
- Identify and fulfill the needs of society in solving technical problems using engineering principles, tools, and practices, in an ethical and responsible manner.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in the workplace and function professionally in a globally competitive world.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
By the time of graduation, the BSEE graduates will acquire:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
University Learning Goals (ULGs)
You can find university learning goals through SJSU’s Student Outreach and Recruitment Website.
Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
Here are the most recent Electrical Engineering student enrollment and degree awarded data:
The SJSU’s Office of Institutional Research manages student enrollment and graduation data, as well as other academic information. To access the information, please refer to the links below: