SJSU Transfer Success Pathway Program
Transfer Success Pathway (TSP) is a program that provides a dual admission opportunity for eligible first-time, first-year students enrolling in California Community Colleges who commit to transferring to a California State University (CSU) within three years.
Information about the program, including eligibility requirements, the application process, and the link to the CSU Transfer Planner portal, are available at the CSU Transfer Success Pathway website.
Starting with the high school class of 2023 and beyond, community college students who have faced academic, financial, or personal hardships that previously prevented them from attending are eligible to apply in order to:
- Enter into a dual admission agreement with the CSU and receive guaranteed admission to the degree program and campus of their choice (if all requirements are met).
- Receive early, personalized guidance from CSU representatives to create an educational plan that will help them transfer.
- Receive financial aid information and direct access to a CSU university library.
- Use the CSU Transfer Planner portal to:
- Explore CSU campuses and degree programs, determine their eligibility, and enter into a dual admission agreement.
- Map out coursework to track their progress toward CSU bachelor’s degree requirements.
As part of the agreement, students must complete either an Associate Degree for Transfer or an established course of transfer at a California community college.
Between August 1 and September 30, 2023, students will be able to enroll in the TSP program by applying through the Transfer Planner Portal.
Transfer Success Pathway applicants can choose from this list of non-impacted majors at SJSU:
- Business Administration, Concentration in Hospitality, Tourism & Event Management
- Business Administration, Concentration in Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Child & Adolescent Development
- Communicative Disorders
- Creative Arts
- Environmental Studies
- Interdisciplinary Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Nutritional Science, Concentration in Food Science Management
- Political Science
- Public Health
Frequently Asked Questions