The Poets and Writers Coalition is an organization created to support the artistic community at San Jose State and the outlying Bay Area public. We strive to support any artistic avenues as a community of writers from all backgrounds who come together and write! We welcome all majors and levels of experience. We do casual group prompts, larger events such as Murder Mystery Night, and the Legacy of Poetry festival. For more information, check us out on Facebook, Instagram, or Discord.
- President: Rebecca Lee
- Vice President: Jackie Friedland
- Treasurer: Wesley Hovatter
- Development Coordinator: Wesley Hovatter
- Membership Coordinator: Emily Tang
- Events Coordinator: Jordan Ramirez
- Workshop Coordinator: Emily Greulich
The Poets and Writers Coalition meets on weekly on Fridays from 5 - 6 PM via Zoom. They are currently working on writing sprints for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo).
- New members welcome! Please fill out the membership survey to register.
- The Poets and Writers Coalition is looking for new club officers. If you are interested
in applying for one of the following positions, please fill out the membership survey form.
- Outreach coordinator: Create and maintain relations with other clubs, colleges, and community arts organizations
- Workshop coordinator: Work alongside president to plan weekly writing activities
- IT/video coordinator: Managing club Zoom and other live and recorded digital video platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- Social media/website manager and graphic designer
The Young Professional & Technical Writing Offensive (TYPO)
TYPO is a student-run organization where SJSU students can connect to professionals and organizations in the professional and technical writing field, get involved in projects, gain experience, and adavance portfolio work.
- President: Jackie Mendoza
- Vice President: Chantel Silveira
- Public Relations Officer: Skye Sawhney
- Secretary and Outreach: Sabrina Lim
Graduate Resource & Academic Developement for English Studies (GRADES)
GRADES is a student organization that provides professional development workshops for M.A. and M.F.A English students. For more information, follow GRADES on Instagram.
- President: Amber Sylva
- Vice President: Alayna Mills
- Treasurer and Secretary: Alexis Rocha
- Media Coordinator: Monica Lopez
- English graduate students will be notified of upcoming events via email
Diasporic Peoples Writing Collective (DPWC)
(Click to watch a video introduction)
The Diasporic Peoples Writing Collective (DPWC) is an activist student, alumni, academic, and ally project building platform for BIPOC + underrepresented literary artists and multidisciplinary creatives.