The Poets & Writers Coalition is an organization created to support the artistic community at San Jose State University and the outlying Bay Area Public. We strive to support any artistic avenues as a community of writers from all backgrounds. We welcome all majors and levels of experience!
We do casual prompts, larger events such as Murder Mystery Night, and The Legacy of Poetry Festival. Plus, our literary magazine gives students the opportunity to publish their poems, flash fiction, and illustrations!
For more information, check out our socials and projects.
- President: Rebecca Lee
- Vice President: Ryan Wada
- Treasurer: Wesley Hovatter
- Social Media Coordinator: Emily Greulich
The Poets & Writers Coalition meets weekly on Fridays, 3-4PM.
- New members welcome! + The PWC needs club officers. If you are interested in applying
for one of the following positions, or joining our club, please fill out the membership survey
- Outreach coordinator: Create and maintain relations with other clubs, colleges, and community arts organizations
- Membership coordinator: Maintains & interacts with members via Discord; gauges interest in upcoming events
The Young Professional & Technical Writing Offensive (TYPO)
TYPO is a student-run organization where SJSU students can connect to professionals and organizations in the professional and technical writing field, get involved in projects, gain experience, and adavance portfolio work.
- President: Jackie Mendoza
- Vice President: Chantel Silveira
- Public Relations Officer: Skye Sawhney
- Secretary and Outreach: Sabrina Lim
Graduate Resource & Academic Developement for English Studies (GRADES)
GRADES is a student organization that provides professional development workshops for M.A. and M.F.A English students. For more information, follow GRADES on Instagram.
- President: Amber Sylva
- Vice President: Alayna Mills
- Treasurer and Secretary: Alexis Rocha
- Media Coordinator: Monica Lopez
- English graduate students will be notified of upcoming events via email
Diasporic Peoples Writing Collective (DPWC)
(Click to watch a video introduction)
The Diasporic Peoples Writing Collective (DPWC) is an activist student, alumni, academic, and ally project building platform for BIPOC + underrepresented literary artists and multidisciplinary creatives.