MFA Program Learning Outcomes
MFA Creative Writing Student Learning Objectives
- Students will demonstrate a high-level of ability to propose and complete a publishable, full-length work of literature in a primary genre concentration (fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, or scriptwriting).
- Students will demonstrate high-level of proficiency to write works of literature in a secondary genre concentration (fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, or scriptwriting).
- Students will demonstrate an appropriate level of knowledge of literary history, literary theory, and craft and theory of creative writing.
- Students will demonstrate critical and analytical skills in the evaluation and interpretation of literary texts.
- Students will demonstrate a command of written academic English, including the abilities to: a) organize and present material in a cogent fashion; b) formulate and defend original arguments; c) employ effectively the language of their discipline; d) write under time constraints.
|1||.doc [doc]||.doc [doc]||.doc [doc]|