Undergraduate Advising

See an Advisor

GE advising, Major advising, Graduate student advising, Guided Pathways: We have it all. If not, we can direct you to the right place. 

Clear your major advising hold

Course Planning Tools and Resources

Self-starter? Planning master? Or, do you simply want to know what a GE course is? Start here. 

Orientation for New Students

Important registration information for new students.

Complete your Next Steps

Change of Major

Prerequisites, impaction GPA, and Earned Unit Count: these matter if you want to change your major. Learn about the College of Engineering's requirements to apply. 


Holds can be removed only by the department that placed them. Remove your holds before your enrollment appointment (registration date for the next term). 


Are you on academic or major probation? Our holistic approach allows you to take control of your success. 


Focusing on multiple levels of student challenges, our workshops can bolster your academic toolkit and self-efficacy. 


What do you mean I have to apply for graduation?  Learn when and how to apply for graduation and who your graduation evaluator will be. 

Transfer Credit

Courses from an institution outside of SJSU are considered transfer credit. Learn more about articulation, equivalencies, and submitting your transcript. 

Submit a Transfer Equivalency Petition (TEP)

Meet our staff

We are the faculty, professional, and peer advisors dedicated to your success. 

Report any issues with our web site