Newly Admitted Students FAQs
February to April 2023
- I got admitted to SJSU, now what?
- Which courses should I register for?
Students will receive advising during orientation and that they should return to the ESSC Orientation page in early May.
New freshmen must take the Precalculus Proficiency Assessment and complete the Reflections of College Writing. Students will receive messaging about these items through MySJSU or their SJSU Gmail account.
- I didn't get into my first choice; how can I change my major?
- I am a transfer student and I want to know why I didn't get into my first choice of
Transfer Impaction Criteria states:
For Fall 2023 admission, coursework must be completed with a "C" grade or higher prior to the end of the Spring 2023 term.
For these select programs, if two applicants to the same program have the same GPA, preference will be given to the applicant who has completed the greater number of program-specific preparation courses. Similarly, if two applicants have completed the same number of program-specific preparation courses, preference will be given to the applicant with the higher GPA.
- Where can I get more information regarding my admissions status?
Please view the Admission's office drop-in and appointment options at the bottom of all their webpages to ask about your application. There is also a Live Chat feature available when you are browsing their webpages.