Generally, meet with an ESSC advisor to have your GE courses and transfer credit summary audited. They can clear any errors (credits that did not transfer when they should have, for example) that the automated system in the Evaluation's office didn't catch.
- How do I transfer my course credits from another college?
- Order transcripts from the institution from which you took courses.
- Have them electronically sent to SJSU (recommended) or mailed to you, so you can hand deliver them to the Registrar's office, which is located under the North Garage. (Use the Dropbox by the Student Services Center entrance.)
- You will be emailed confirmation that they have received your transcripts and will need time to process and post your grades.
- Check the status of your transcripts in your Transfer Credit summary in MySJSU.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if your transcripts have been received but not yet posted.
- How do I make sure the courses I plan on taking will transfer (articulate) with SJSU?
- When should I transfer my credits?
As soon as possible.
If the transfer course is a prerequisite, you will need it posted in your records before you can register for the proceeding course during Advanced Enrollment. Otherwise, you will need to bring unofficial transcripts to the department or instructor in record to get an add code.
Failing to show proof or prerequisites may result in being dropped from the course.
- My credits didn't transfer. What should I do?
- I took an AP exam. For which courses or GE areas will I receive SJSU course credit?