Define Your Success
Resources for Specific Students:
- New Students (frosh and transfer)
- 2nd-Year Students (between 30 and 59 units)
- Transfer Students (upper division)
- Students Close to Graduating - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Fall 2020 Admits - Intersession Course Registration | FAQ [pdf]
- Veterans (Veteran Resource Center)
- International Students (ISSS)
- Former Students Returning (FSR)
Resources for All Students:
- NEW! Engineering at SJSU magazine: Spring 2021 [pdf] | Fall 2020 [pdf] | Spring 2020 [pdf] | All
- On-Campus Study Space with WiFi [pdf]
- iSchool offers Online Technical/Programming Classes during Summer Session (course descriptions)
- Weeks of Welcome - ongoing campus-wide actitvities and events
- Compilation of SJSU Resources (Google Doc)
- Learn Anywhere - help and technology for online learning
- Quick video on Canvas and Zoom links for classes
- Zoom resources (how-to videos, etc.)
- Advising Hub
- Tutoring Hub - peer tutoring, writing center, workshops, and more
- Student Computing Services (MLK Library)
- Late-Night Tutoring (MLK Library)
- MyGPS - technology tools for planning and tracking your success
- Class Schedules
- Registration Basics
- Financial Aid & Scholarship Office (FASO)
- Bursar's Office - forms and tutorials on payment of tuition, fees, housing, etc.
- Registrar's Office - forms for enrollment/registration, grades, transcripts, graduation, etc.
- Grading Policy
- Finals Resources - activities, events, ongoing programs, tutoring
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Get Involved - clubs and organizations
- SJSU Cares - health and wellness
- DiscoverSJSU - opportunities across campus
- MESA Engineering Program (MEP) (math, engineering, science achievement)
- Career and Professional Development
Need a Live Person's Help?
|Quick questions, referrals to other advising||Virtual Front Desk (Zoom)||
During ESSC business hours:
|Peer advisors are there to help|
|Drop-in advising||Virtual Front Desk (Zoom)||Monday through Friday
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
|Professional advisors (2 hours daily)|
|Scheduled one-on-one appointment||Spartan Connect||During business hours, some after-hours (depending on the advisor's availability)||All Advisors|
|Group advising on specific topics||Workshops & Events||See our calendar||Advisors, faculty|
Key dates for each term including registration and payment deadlines
Timeline for Fall 2021 Registration
|Wednesday, Feb 24||Engineering Major Advising Holds placed on students' accounts|
|Tuesday, April 27||Enrollment appointments will be posted to Continuing Students'
accounts on MySJSU
Class Schedule available on MySJSU or SJSU Class Schedule page
|Wednesday, May 12||Advance Registration for Continuing Students begins
(ends Monday, Aug. 16)
|Tuesday, June 1||Variable waitlist process continues through August 27, 2021|
|Friday, June 4||Enrollment Appointments Viewable on MySJSU for New Students|
|Monday, June 7||Advance Registration for New Students begins (ends Monday, Aug. 16)|
|Monday, Aug. 16||Advance Registration ends
Last Day to Drop for 100% Refund
|Tues-Weds, Aug. 17-18||Registration closed|
|Thursday, Aug. 19||First Day of Instruction
Late Registration begins on MySJSU at 7:00 a.m.
Timeline for Summer 2021 Registration
|Monday, April 5||
All continuing students can register:
All repeaters can register:
|Wednesday, April 14||Non-SJSU / Open University students can register.|
|Wednesday, May 12||May 12 through July 12:
First-time repeaters repeating a summer class must contact the Registrar and include student name, ID#, 5-digit class number, subject and number.
|June 1 or July 6||Beginning on the first day of instruction, permission numbers will be required.
(Class Schedule available on MySJSU or SJSU Class Schedule page)
Important Dates and Upcoming ESSC Events
Agenda view works best.