Define Your Success
Resources for Specific Students:
- New Students (frosh and transfer)
- 2nd-Year Students (between 30 and 59 units)
- Transfer Students (upper division)
- Students Close to Graduating
Resources for All Students:
- New! Enroll Spring 2021: Succeed in Online Courses (COMM 80A)
- Learn Anywhere - help and technology for online learning
- Quick video on Canvas and Zoom links for classes
- Zoom resources (how-to videos, etc.)
- Tutoring Hub - peer tutoring, writing center, workshops, and more
- Student Computing Services (MLK Library)
- MyGPS - technology tools for planning and tracking your success
- Class Schedules
- Registration Basics
- Financial Aid & Scholarship Office (FASO)
- Bursar's Office - forms and tutorials on payment of tuition, fees, housing, etc.
- Registrar's Office - forms for enrollment/registration, grades, transcripts, graduation, etc.
- Grading Policy
- Finals Resources - activities, events, ongoing programs, tutoring
- Veterans Resource Center
- Get Involved - clubs and organizations
- SJSU Cares - health and wellness
- MESA Engineering Program (MEP) (math, engineering, science achievement)
- Career and Professional Development
- Engineering at SJSU magazine: Fall 2020 (pdf) [pdf] | Spring 2020 (pdf) [pdf] | All
Need a Live Person's Help?
|Quick questions, referrals to other advising||Virtual Front Desk (Zoom)||
During ESSC business hours:
|Peer advisors are there to help|
|Drop-in advising||Virtual Front Desk (Zoom)||Monday through Friday
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
|Professional advisors (2 hours daily)|
|Scheduled one-on-one appointment||Spartan Connect||During business hours, some after-hours (depending on the advisor's availability)||All Advisors|
|Group advising on specific topics||Workshops & Events||See our calendar||Advisors, faculty|
Key dates for each term including registration and payment deadlines
Timeline for Spring 2021 Registration
|Wednesday, Jan 6||First time repeaters enrollment on MySJSU starts|
|Friday, Jan 15||
Enrollment Cap increases to 19 units (without a petition)
(Graduate Students' Enrollment Cap remains at 16)
|Sunday, Jan 24||Advance Registration ends at 11:59 p.m.
Last day to drop all classes for full refund
|Wednesday, Jan 27||
Late Registration Period (adding/dropping) begins
Automated process for waitlist begins, giving priority to
|Thursday Feb 4||Automated process for waitlist ends at 11:59 p.m.|
|Friday Feb 5||Permission code number from instructor needed
to add/enroll in a class
|Monday Feb 8||Last day to Drop without a 'W' on MySJSU (by 11:59 p.m.)
Make sure your schedule is accurate.
|Monday, Feb 15||Late Registration Period ends at 11:59 p.m.
(last day to Add)
Important Dates and Upcoming ESSC Events
Agenda view works best.