Career Resources for Engineering
Career guidance and development for all SJSU students and alumni including Career Fairs, Career Resources, advice for International Students, Diversity and Inclusion, Careerbuilding / Meeting with a Career Counselor, and more.
Virtual Job and Internship Fairs
For more information, please see the Virtual Job/Internship Fairs page.
Career Crunch Weeks
Refer to the CoE Student Newsletter (emailed weekly) and the Canvas course "Your Journey to Career Readiness @SJSUEngineering" for details about specific events.
Graduate & Professional Programs - Spring Informational Fair
See participating programs, including those in Health & Human Sciences, Education, Social Justice, Law, various Social Sciences, Data Analytics, Library Science, and even an opportunity overseas.
- Canvas courses and modules, based on career development and design theories:
- ENG - Your Journey to Career Readiness (YJ2CR): Three modules review fundamentals of self-assessment, transferable skills building, and job and internship search.
- Internship Ready: Three modules to help you prepare for, find, and complete an internship.
- Check your resume with VMock.
- Live feeds of jobs/internships on Handshake career pathways page.
- Launch Your Career to access the Career Guides: Resume/Cover Letter, Job & Internship Search, Interviewing, Applying to Graduate School, Graduate Student Career Guide, and more.
- See the recording of a webinar from Handshake on how to attend a virtual career fair.
- Watch a YouTube video on creating a strong Linkedin Profile.
- Network with SJSU2 Mentoring and Meetups
- Make Quick Connections with alumni and industry professionals.
- Watch a LinkedIn video on networking with SJSU Alumni.
- Learn what CoE student organizations and SJSU Student Involvement are all about.
- Find the IBM Academic Initiative, LinkedIn Skills Tests, and LinkedIn Learning through one.SJSU.
- Watch a past Silicon Valley Leaders Symposium (SVLS) talk on YouTube.
- Virtual Career Tips & Tools handout [pdf] (from Sept. 17, 2020)
- Sophomore Success events (through ESSC) for students at all levels
- Spartan Success Series webinars from SJSU Alumni
The Career Center has many resources available. Current undergraduate students can request Zoom appointments through Spartan Connect. (Select 'Career' as the 'Care Unit', and then Engineering students select ESSC as the location.)
Recent alumni and graduate students can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Schedule a virtual appointment with a career counselor:
- Undergraduate: Kelly Masegian via Spartan Connect (Location - ESSC Virtual), or contact her at email@example.com
- Graduate: Carrie McKnight via Spartan Connect (Location - Career Center Virtual), or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Kelly Masegian's Summer Appointments (30 min. blocks)|
|11:30 a.m. -
|10:00 - 11:00 a.m.||-||-||-|
|-||-||1:30 - 2:30 p.m.||-||-|
|-||3:00 - 4:00 p.m.||-||3:00 - 4:00 p.m.||3:00 - 4:00 p.m.|
Effective 4/27/21 to 8/13/21
|Carrie McKnight's Summer Appointments (30 min. blocks)|
|-||11:30 a.m. -
|-||1:30 - 2:30 p.m.||-|
| 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. &
5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
|-||3:00 - 4:00 p.m.|
Effective Summer 2021
Thanks to Lisa Francesca (CoE Communications Specialist) for compiling this tremendously helpful list! Read the weekly CoE Student News (emailed to your sjsu.edu account) for timely information about resources, events, and career opportunities for CoE students and alumni.