Below 60 earned units
- Understand the rules for elligibility to apply. You can either attend a workshop, talk to an ESSC advisor, or determine your eligibility using our online tools.
- Use our Change of Major online application during the open application window below.
- Apply between March 1 - June 1 for admission to the following fall term.
- Apply between October 1 - January 1 for admission to the following spring term
- Students should be completing their change of major prerequisites the semester they apply
- If prerequisites are being completed at another college, students must send transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org to be posted on their academic records.
- For the purpose of this change of major process, send an additional copy of your unofficial transcripts to email@example.com
- Students who are accepted to the major will be notified through their SJSU email. They might NOT notify you if you have been denied. Make sure to follow up with the department.
- If admitted, respond within days of receiving your acceptance email, and the ESSC will work with registrar to officially change your major.