Advising for Engineering Graduate Programs
ESSC Graduate Advising serves all graduate engineering majors. Our purpose is to:
- assist graduate students in navigating the university, college, and departmental policies and procedures
- connect students to campus and community resources
- support student success with programs and services that address existing needs
- help students stay on track to graduate
There are many offices on campus that serve graduate students as well as resources available both on campus and in our community.
Some of the common topics available through advising within ESSC:
- Probation / Disqualification
- Forms and petitions
- Graduate policies
- Registration inquiries, e.g. enrollment in 1290R, holds, etc.
- Leave of absence
There are also resources to assist you with
- Graduation - steps, candidacy, application deadlines and forms
- Work experience e.g. CPT/OPT
- Career advising and development
- Events for graduate students (CGS, Career Center, etc.)
Advising Service Options
The alphabetical list below shows service options you will see when making an appointment with an advisor on Spartan Connect. Learning about the available service types will guide you to the right person for your needs.