60 and above earned units

NOTE: Acceptance into the major is not guaranteed.


  1. Meet with the appropriate Major Advisor of Chair for the intended major.
  2. Discuss requirements for changing into that major such as:
    • good academic standing
    • completion of any recommended prerequisite courses
    • a graduation timeline using the "what if" feature in MyPlanner
  3. Depending on your situation, they advisor or chair might discuss the conditions for changing your major. This may include a GPA minimum, a timeline, and completion of specific courses.
  4. If they decide to admit you in the major, the advisor or chair will tell you their decision, and submit a change of major request, which will be processed by the Office of the Registrar who will then update your program plan (major) on your MyProgress page.