Transitioning out of Engineering

  1. See an advisor or attend a workshop in the major for which you want to apply. 
  2. Get an updated study plan from an advisor in the new major or its success center. A study plan displays courses you will take the following term including prerequisite courses you need for eligibility to apply.
  3. Email the new study plan to .
  4. Complete your change-of-major with your new department.

Completing these actions allows ESSC to remove your Major Advising Hold for the term. For Aviation or Technology students, the ESSC cannot remove major advising holds, so please contact the department directly.

You will need to provide a new study plan each semester until you change your major at which point you will no longer receive the major advising hold.