Undergraduate Advising

Advising Topics & Services

See an Advisor

GE, transfer credit, education planning--we have it all. If not, we can send you in the right direction.

Clear your major advising hold


Holds can be removed by the department that placed them. Have your registration holds removed before your enrollment appointment (registration date for the next term).

Change of Major

Prerequisites, impaction GPA, and Earned Unit Count: these matter if you want to change your major. Learn about the College of Engineering's requirements and deadline to apply.

Orientation for New Students

Important registration information for new students.

Course Planning Tools and Resources

Self-starter? Planning master? Or, do you simply want to know what a GE course is? Start here.

Academic Notice

Are you on academic or major probation? Our holistic approach allows you to take control of your success.

Transfer Credit

Courses from an institution outside of SJSU are considered transfer credit. Learn more about articulation, equivalencies, and submitting your transcript.

Submit a Transfer Equivalency Petition (TEP)


Learn when and how to apply for graduation and who your graduation evaluator will be.


High-interest topics include CPT/OPT, change of major, and graduation.