Circle of Friends
The Circle of Friends, founded in 1992, is a coalition of alumni, faculty, students, and friends who have joined together to provide ongoing private support to sustain the department's dedication to excellence.
It was founded because "shrinking" state budgets for higher education make this support crucial to continue to offer the highest quality education and training to our students. Private funding is now critical to safeguard course offerings, laboratory supplies, computer labs, equipment, and scholarships. SJSU can no longer be considered state-supported but rather state-assisted.
- To re-establish alumni relationships with the department
- To encourage student participation
- To promote alumni, student, and faculty synergy
- To involve community partners
- To facilitate networking
- To celebrate SJSU Department of Nutrition, Food Science, and Packaging comradeship
- To invest in and build a legacy for the future
- Networking with alumni, faculty, students, and community partners in cooperative ventures/endeavors and in seeking and filling positions.
- Membership Recognition: Department Newsletter/SJSU Contributors to Excellence
- Membership Directory
Become a member!
- Complete this application: COF Membership Application [pdf]
- Return the application to the following address.
c/o Nutrition, Food Science, and Packaging Department
San José State University
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0058
For More Information
Contact Caroline Haas (formerly known as Caroline Fee), Director, Circle of Friends, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Circle of Friends Newsletters
Visit Circle of Friends Newsletters to find past issues.