Project/Thesis Guidelines (CS 297/298/299)
- Enroll in CS 200W (if necessary)
- Find an advisor
- Understand the rules about plagiarism
- Enroll in CS 297
- Submit application for candidacy.
- Form a committee
- Submit CS 298 (or 299) proposal and graduation form.
- Enroll in CS 298 (or 299)
- File application for award of degree
- Defend your writing project/thesis
- Submit your report for publication
The Competency in Written English Requirement
- You must satisfy the Competency in Written English requirement. For most students this means taking CS 200W. This is a co-requisite for CS 297 and a prerequisite for CS298/299.
- The University requires that all graduate students complete the Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR) as a condition for advancement to candidacy.
- The Computer Science Department policy is that students should complete the GWAR requirement (usually by taking CS200W) in their first year in the MS program and must complete it two semesters before graduation.
- You must have satisfied the Competency in Written English, or you must be enrolled in an approved technical writing course in order to enroll in CS 297. You must have satisfied the Competency in Written English requirement to enroll in CS298/299. No exceptions!