Connect with the right advisor.
- For General Education and International Experience advising, please contact the Student Success Center.
- For International Experience requirements, please visit International Experience.
- For undergraduate major advising, please see an Undergraduate Advisor.
- For minor advising, please see our Minor Advising webpage.
- For masters advising, please review the MS in Nutritional Science program page, then contact Graduate Coordinator Adrianne Widaman.
Tools to help you plan your path to graduation
Take advantage of a suite of technological tools for your “Graduation Pathway to Success” at MyGPS.
Complete an advising form.
See page 2 for a suggested four-year plan.
Plan your semester with our template.
Transferring Courses between Institutions (“Articulation”)
Need to know what courses taken at another institution will fulfill SJSU program requirements? Please visit Articulation.
Applying for Graduation
For all information on how to apply for graduation and graduation forms, please visit Undergraduate Graduation.
Change of Major
Students wishing to change their major to Nutritional Science must obtain a Change of Major Form [pdf] from the department in which they are currently majoring or from the Undergraduate Education office. The form requires the signature of the Chair of the Department of Nutrition, Food Science, and Packaging. The completed form needs to be returned to the Office of Admissions and Records. The change of objective is not official until the completed form is on file. Incoming students should ask for their file when leaving their old major and bring it to the Nutrition, Food Science, and Packaging Department in order to assure continuity of the student’s records.
Applications to the concentration in Dietetics are accepted twice a year, while the other Nutrition, Food Science, and Packaging concentrations are accepted on a rolling basis.
For more information and instructions visit Change of Major to the Bachelor of Science Nutritional Science/Packaging Degree [pdf].