We have one cycle of admissions per year, and applications usually open in October. Acceptance letters will be mailed by March of the following year. Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in order to apply, and submit the following application materials:
- A portfolio (digital, online) is required with at least 10 examples of recent artwork related to the field of Animation. Work can include demo reels, animations (experimental, personal, commercial, or commissioned), excerpts from games developed by the applicant, as well as character, props or set designs, illustrations, and pitch bibles (PDF ok)
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions
- Two letters of recommendation (from professors or supervisors/directors who have worked with you)
- A one page statement of purpose explaining why you are pursuing a graduate degree in animation.
- A preliminary master’s project proposal
- International students must demonstrate English language proficiency. One of the following is required (all test scores must be less than two years old:
- A TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of at least 590 (paper based), 243 (computer based), or 96 (internet based), with a score of 5 in the Writing Section;
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) score of at least 68;
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS - institution code 4687) score of at least 7.0;
A GRE (Graduate Record Exam) is not required.