The following public transit agencies service the regional area:
- BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) is a heavy rail system serving the East Bay, San Francisco, north Peninsula and SFO.
- Altamont Corridor Express (ACE) is a rail service from the Central Valley (Stockton, Lathrop/Manteca, Tracy) and the East Bay (Livermore, Pleasanton, Fremont) to San Jose Diridon Train Station.
- The Highway 17 Express Bus provides service between downtown Santa Cruz (Metro Center), Scotts Valley, and San Jose State University (San Fernando Street by 7th Street).
- Caltrain regional rail line serving San Francisco, San Jose, Gilroy, and stations in between.
- Amtrak Capitol Corridor is an intercity train service operating between Auburn, Sacramento, Oakland and San Jose Diridon Station.
Transportation Solutions provides exclusive regional transit offers for campus faculty/staff and students. Half-priced tickets are available for ACE Rail 20-ride and monthly passes and discounted tickets are available for Highway 17 Express 15-ride and 31-day passes.
All tickets can be purchased at the General Services Center during regular business hours. ACE tickets are to be purchased with cash only.