|IMPORTANT UPDATE: We have made changes to our student SmartPass Program for the Fall semester due to COVID-19. If you are taking a regional route to SJSU that does not offer a free VTA transfer, visit our Fall Changes to the Student SmartPass Program page to see if you are elgiible for the SmartPass.|
The following public transit agencies service the regional area:
- BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) is a commuter rail system serving the South Bay, East Bay, San Francisco, north Peninsula and SFO. As of June 6th, 2020, BART is now operating in Milpitas and San Jose
- Altamont Corridor Express (ACE) is a rail service from the Central Valley (Stockton, Lathrop/Manteca, Tracy) and the East Bay (Livermore, Pleasanton, Fremont) to San Jose Diridon Train Station.
- The Highway 17 Express Bus provides service between downtown Santa Cruz (Metro Center), Scotts Valley, and San Jose (Diridon Station).
- Caltrain regional rail line serving San Francisco, San Jose, Gilroy, and stations in between.
- Amtrak Capitol Corridor is an intercity train service operating between Auburn, Sacramento, Oakland and San Jose Diridon Station.
To view COVID related changes for these transit lines visit our Public Transportation Agencies COVID Responses page.
ACE: Half-priced tickets are available for ACE Rail 20-ride and monthly passes and
Highway 17 Express: Discounted tickets are available for 15-ride and 31-day passes.
Tickets must be purchased at the General Services Center during regular business hours.
Non SJSU Offers
BART & Caltrain: Single ride disocunts for eligible low income San Francisco Bay Area residents through the pilot Clipper START program. Check your eligibility for the program on the Clipper START website.
Amtrak: Disconts on single and multi-ride tripls are available for students through Amtrak's website.
Regional Transit Transfer on VTA to SJSU
Many regional transit lines that drop off at San Jose Diridon receive free transfers on VTA, visit VTA's website for more information.