Associated Students of San Jose State University has been a student-owned and operated non-profit organization for over 100 years. We are committed to providing services and activities that enhance the opportunity to meet, recreate and maximize student life. Opportunities to get involved and obtain leadership skills are among our highest priorities.
The Associated Students (A.S.) Board of Directors represent the student body as their governing council. They are the voice of SJSU students and advocate on their behalf on campus, statewide and national issues affecting them.
Students' Elections Commission
Plans and executes A.S. Elections 2020
Chief Elections Officer
SEC Advisor, A.S. Government & Leadership Coordinator
Alexandra Froelich, Director of Student Conduct & Ethical Development and Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Dylan Mazelis, Leadership Coordinator, Student Involvement
Edilbert Signey, A.S. Marketing & Communications Coordinator
A.S. Student Government Office,
Diaz Compean Student Union,
2nd Floor, Suite 2300
Telephone: (408) 924-6242
Elections Appeals Board
Sign up to be a student-at-large on the Elections Appeals Board!
Every voter is eligible to win an awesome prize! Details will be available soon.
A.S. Elections 2020: Events and Important Dates
Important: In-person events are canceled and are now virtual events.
- 03/10, Tuesday, 5pm: Candidate submission of bios for Voter Information Guide (VIG)
- 03/13, Friday, 5pm: Campaign Workers Form deadline
CAMPAIGN PERIOD: March 16th to April 13th
Meet Your Candidates: A.S. Instagram and Twitter
- Introduction of Candidates: March 23-25
- Candidate Videos: April 8-10
03/19, Thursday: Printed VIG available on this day.
04/08, Wednesday, 5pm: Candidate Endorsements deadline
04/13, Monday: Candidate Endorsement available (online only)
Candidate Debates: Monday, April 13, 5-7pm
- Debates will be hosted by the Spartan Daily
Meeting No.: 121129262#
ONLINE VOTING PERIOD: April 13 to 17
- Online Voting Begins: Monday, April 13, 7pm (immediately following the Candidate Debates)
- Online Voting Ends: Friday, April 17, 8am
Election Results Party: Friday, April 17, 12-1:30pm
- Zoom: sjsu.zoom.us/j/956477225
Meeting No.: 956477225#
Run-offs and Grievances
- 03/12, Thursday, 5pm: Candidate photo deadline. To be taken by A.S. photographer.
- 04/20, Monday, 8am: General Election Grievances deadline (within 48 business hours of voting closing)
- 04/17, Friday: Runoff Campaign Begins
- 04/20, Monday, 7pm: Run-off voting opens
- 04/23, Thursday, 8am: Run-off voting closes
- 04/23, Thursday, 12pm: Run-off Results Announced
- 04/27, Monday, 8am: Run-off Election Grievances deadline (within 48 business hours of voting closing)