Associated Students of San Jose State University has been a student-owned and operated non-profit organization for over 100 years. We are committed to providing services and activities that enhance the opportunity to meet, recreate and maximize student life. Opportunities to get involved and obtain leadership skills are among our highest priorities.
The Associated Students (A.S.) Board of Directors represent the student body as their governing council. They are the voice of SJSU students and advocate on their behalf on campus, statewide and national issues affecting them.
Students' Elections Commission
Plans and executes A.S. Elections 2020
Chief Elections Officer
SEC Advisor, A.S. Government & Leadership Coordinator
Alexandra Froelich, Director of Student Conduct & Ethical Development and Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Dylan Mazelis, Leadership Coordinator, Student Involvement
Edilbert Signey, A.S. Marketing & Communications Coordinator
A.S. Student Government Office,
Diaz Compean Student Union,
2nd Floor, Suite 2300
Telephone: (408) 924-6242
Elections Appeals Board
Sign up to be a student-at-large on the Elections Appeals Board!
Every voter is eligible to win an awesome prize! Details will be available soon.
Do you want to volunteer for student elections?
Sign up by March 9th
Attend an Info Session: Free food and swag!
Friday, February 28, 10-11am: A.S. Government Conference Room
Tuesday, March 3, 1-2pm: A.S. Government Conference Room
A.S. Elections 2020: Events and Important Dates
Learn About Elections: Run for Office!
01/27, Monday: Candidate Information Packets (available for pick up at A.S. Government Office (S.U. Suite 2330).
Orientation and Ethics Sessions: Must attend one orientation session (mandatory if running for office).
Learn about Executive Positions
- 02/13, Thursday, 11am-1pm, Student Union Room 4A
- 02/19, Wednesday, 2-4pm, Student Union Room 3A
- 02/25, Tuesday, 5-7pm, Student Union Room 3A
- 02/28, Friday, 11am-1pm, Student Union Room 3A
Learn about Director Positions
- 02/12, Wednesday, 10am-12pm, Student Union Room 2A
- 02/18, Tuesday, 5-7pm, Student Union Room 3A
- 02/24, Monday, 11am-1pm, Student Union Room 3A
- 2/28, Friday, 1-3pm, Student Union Room 3B
- 02/28, Friday, 5pm: Application Deadline; strict cut off at 5pm; submit at A.S. Government Office (Student Union Suite 2330)
- 03/06, Friday, 5pm: Candidate Eligibility Deadline
- 03/10, Tuesday, 5pm: Candidate submission of bios for Voter Information Guide (VIG)
- 03/13, Friday, 5pm: Campaign Workers Form deadline
- 03/16, Monday: Campaigning begins and the Online Voter Information Guide (VIG) will be available on this day.
Meet Your Candidates: *Election events are shown with asterisks.
- *03/16, Monday, 12-3pm, Smith Carlos/Lawn: Elections Kick Off
- 03/19, Thursday: Printed VIG available on this day.
- 03/27, Friday, 5pm: Accountability Forms deadline
- *04/07, Tuesday, 11am-2pm, Smith/Carlos Lawn: Meet the Candidates
- 04/08, Wednesday, 5pm: Candidate Endorsements deadline
- 04/13, Monday: Candidate Endorsement available (online only).
- *04/13, Monday, 5-7pm, Student Union Room 2A/2B: Candidate Debates
Cast Your Vote!
- 04/13, Monday, 7pm: voting opens
- 04/16, Thursday, 8am: voting closes
- *04/16, Thursday, 12-1:30pm, Student Union Room 3A/B: Election Results Party
Run-offs and Grievances
- 03/12, Thursday, 5pm: Candidate photo deadline. To be taken by A.S. photographer.
- 04/20, Monday, 8am: General Election Grievances deadline (within 48 business hours of voting closing)
- 04/17, Friday: Runoff Campaign Begins
- 04/20, Monday, 7pm: Run-off voting opens
- 04/23, Thursday, 8am: Run-off voting closes
- 04/23, Thursday, 12pm: Run-off Results Announced
- 04/27, Monday, 8am: Run-off Election Grievances deadline (within 48 business hours of voting closing)